The property is located in the town of Saillans in the Fronsac appellation, just a few kilometers from Libourne. Château Dalem dominates the valley of the Isle, opposite the prestigious vineyards of Pomerol and Saint-Emilion. The building dates from the eighteenth century, but the vineyard was already founded in 1610 and stayed in the same family for 300 years.
In 1955 Michel Rullier takes over the domain and tries, through renovation and transformation, to improve the quality of the wine. His daughter Brigitte Rullier-Loussert continues with this method since she took over the estate in 2002.
The vineyards, facing south, are located on clay-limestone slopes, with a base of Fronsac molasses. The vines, 35-40 years old and with a density of 5500-6600 plants per hectare, are maintained through the "Lutte Raisonée" principle, with a specific approach for each lot. Merlot prevails here on the estate, but the proportion of Cabernet Franc makes steady progress.