Chateau du Glana
Château Du Glana is located on the Route des Grands Vins running parallel to the Gironde estuary, between the towns of Beychevelle and Saint-Julien, opposite the famous Château Ducru-Beaucaillou.
Château Du Glana was constructed in 1870 by Mr Nadeau, the city of Blaye's architect, for Mr Cayx. At about this time, a small (5 hectares) vineyard of gravelly soil was consolidated thanks to the purchase of several plots of land from neighbouring Château Saint-Pierre.
After several other owners, Mr Gabriel Meffre bought Château Du Glana in 1961. He increased the vineyard to 43 hectares in the following years by acquiring several plots belonging to Chateau Lagrange.