The domaine was born late seventeenth or early eighteenth century by Etienne Lafon, a Gironde Parliamentary, who acquired land by marriage at a place called "La Rochette" in Saint Estèphe. The area will remain in the Lafon family until 1880. Already highly praised in the late eighteenth century, it adopts the name Lafon-Rochet and will be ranked 4th Grand Cru in 1855.
Having changed hands 4 times, the domain is acquired in 1961 by Guy Tesseron, Cognac producer and husband of Nicole Cruse. He restructures and replants the vineyards and rebuilds the burned building in a 18th century Chartreuse style. In 1999, his children, Michel and Caroline Tesseron Poniatowska take over the property. The vats and barrel cellar is renovated in 2000. In 2007 Basil Tesseron, son of Michael, joines the management of the domain.
Located southwest of the appellation, adjoining Lafitte and Cos d'Estournel, the vineyard of 45 hectares. The vineyard is composed of Cabernet Sauvignon (55%), Merlot (40%) with a Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot supplement. The average age of the vines is 30 years with an average planting density of 9,000 vines / ha. In recent years, increasing attention has been paid to organic viticulture: insecticides are banned, yields are controlled.