Chateau Le Prieuré
Chateau le Prieuré is located on the flanks of the prestigious hill with eastern views of Saint-Emilion and is located between Trottevieille, Pavie-Macquin and Troplong Mondot.
This chateau le prieuré dates from the seventeenth century and was known as "Le Cru des Cordeliers" ".
The domain was taken over by Joseph Brisson in 1897. He then changed the name to "Le Prieuré". The wine of this saint-Emilion grand cru was greatly appreciated and will be classified as grand cru in 1959. In 1998, Olivier Guichard, the grandson and former minister of General de Gaulle and former mayor of Néac, modernises the three family domains (Chateau le Prieuré, Siaurac and Vray Croix de Gay).
The vineyard has been restructured, the cellars have been renovated and the operations have been entrusted to oenologist Yannick Reyrel, former oenologist of Chateau Petrus and Trotanoy. Since 2006, to further promote quality, the estate benefits from advice from oenologist Stéphane Derenoncourt.
Located on a southern exposure, the 6.2 ha vineyards, almost all of them are one single vineyard, stretches out on limestone and clayey soils. The grape varieties consist of merlot (85%) and cabernet franc (15%). The average age of the vines is 22 years (50% of the vines were replanted between 1998 and 2008) and the plant density is around 7,000 vines / ha. The 18 plots are subject to individualized management with all limited chemical inputs and yields (35 hl / ha) and an exercise that naturally prefers deep rooting.