Chateau Meyre has grown wine grapes for over 3 centuries. The vineyards are located in the heart of the Medoc, Moulis and Margaux.
In 1876, the Chateau Meyre vineyards were subdivided as premier cru of Avensan, after which the domain received the classification of Cru Bourgeois in 1932.
This rating was reaffirmed in 2003.
The total surface of the Chateau Meyre vineyards are 17 hectares in siez and are located around the Avensan region, just a few kilometers from the classified Grands Crus of the Médoc.
In 1992, the vineyard was expanded by 2 hectares by purchasing a plot in the municipality of Soussans, at the heart of the famous Margaux appellation.
Chateau Meyre has been working biologically since 2008 and has been certified since 2011.